DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF
"when it comes to issues related to foundations; it is known that foundations constitute an enormous fortune of our country. I hope that
this great establishment will be preserved from devastation and become useful to the country whereby all council of ministers together with the Ministry of Religious Affairs, and even Grand Assembly as well, will crucially scrutinize this case in order for the nation and the country to be able to benefit from this wealth as required."
1 Mart 1922, T.B.M.M.
Some examplary works of immovable foundation cultural properties;
The building was built in 1708 by Nasuh Pahsa. The madrasah and masjid parts of the building complex, which consists of a madrasah, a masjid, a han and a bath, were restorated between the years 2006 -2007 by the Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration, the masjid and the rooms of the madrasah, which were hardly wrecked, were completed with the restitiution studies and excavation inquiries.
The building was built by Omer bin Ibrahim with the charge of Yildirim Beyazid in 1382. The building, which has seperate parts for men and women was restorated in 2006 by Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration the hypocaust section was cleaned and the deformed parts were restorated in accordance with the original material and technique.
It is one of the most important buildings in Gaziantep. The mosque was built in 13th century and had taken its final shape in 1575. To some sources the mosque was first built in 1211. According to the inscription panel of the pulpit (minber) the building of mosque was finished in 1357 in Memluks period and restorated by Mehmet Pahsa, the governor of Aleppo in 1575. The building was restorated in 2007 by Directorate General of Foundations.
The church is known to be built in the beginnig of 20th century. The building was restorated between the years 2007-2009 by Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration inappropriate additions were cleared from the building.
It was built in 1523 in classic Otoman commercial han style. It was restorated by Rami Koç with restorate-operate-transfer model in 2005. It is still operated as Rahmi Koç Museum.
Edirne Selimiye Dar'ül Kurra Madrasah was built within the complex between the years 1569-1575, by the Architect Sinan with the charge of Sultan II. Selim.
Dar'ül Kurra building, after long years of emptiness and lack of care, was restorated by Directorate General of Foundations in 2007 and opened to visitors as Selimiye Foundation Museum. In the museum, wooden and nacre moulted lecterns belonging to the Ottoman period, bahadums, door and window wings, tombac candlesticks, glazed tiles, ceramics, clocks, astrolabes, calligraphy tablets and Kur'an-ı Kerim books are exhibited.
The building, first used as a Law School, was built between the years 1927 -1928 by Directorate General of Foundations, making a great effort for the development of Capital, Ankara, after the proclamation of Republic.The building was restorated by Directorate General of Foundations to be used as a museum and opened to visitors as The Ankara Museum of Foundational Works in 2007.In the museum, carpet and rug collections collected from all the regions of Turkey, candlesticks, Kur'an-ı Kerim manuscripts, Sultan's deeds of trust, wood frame floor clocks, calligraphy tablets, wooden window wings, sermon desks, covering of Kâbe, glazed tiles, scrips, illustrations from the smuggled to abroad and brought-back objects, old cameras and photographic apparatus used in Directorate General of Foundations are exhibited with the help of all the technological facilities.
Sahip Ata Complex composes a mosque, tomb, han, stores, fountain and a twin bath. The mosque was built in 1258 by the Architect Kelük bin Abdullah with the charge of famous Seljukid Vizier Sahip Ata Fahrettin Ali. In 1276 a tomb and in 1279 a han were added on the east side of the mosque.With its stone, brick and glazed tile work of arts, the han, exhibiting itself as a museum, was restorated by Directorate General of Foundations and opened to the visitors in 2006.In the museum original foundation work of arts are exhibited. Among them glazed tiles and wooden work of arts are put on the date of 13th century, manuscripts on the date of 13th - 19th century, rugs and carpets on the date of 17th-19th century and metal work of arts are put on the date of 16th-19th century.
Ayasofya Museum was first built as a church in basilica type in 4th century. In Iconolastic period (726-842) the building was mentioned with the 7th Sipiritual Chapter gathered in İznik, in 11 October 787. After 1331, the building was transformed to a mosque by Orhan Gazi. In Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Period (1520-1566), mihrap niche was added by the Architect Sinan and large arch openings were formed at the side naves. The architectural features of Byzantine and Ottoman arts are found together in the building. Between the years 2007-2008 the building was restorated by the Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration, all the original features belonging to Byzantine and Ottoman periods were conserved and inappropriate additions were cleared from the building.
According to the inscription panel located on the portal, the building was built in 1271 by the Vizier Sahip Şemsettin Mehmed Cüveyni. It is one of the most important buildings in Anatolia in which stone, brick and glazed tile artwork are used together. Between the years 2007-2009 the building was restorated by the Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration, all the original features of the building were preserved.
Taslik Mosque was built in 15th century on the honour of Adli Mahmut Pasha who was the Grand Vizier in the period of Mehmet the Conqueror. Hardly wrecked and ruined up to its half layer, the mosque was restorated in 2007 by the Directorate General of Foundations. During the restoration orijinal traces of the building and restitution studies were used.